|Published:||Jan 16, 2013 5:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 16, 2013 6:36 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The Lee County Sheriff's Office has released the 911 calls following a deadly shooting that left one suspect dead.
6 calls were released relating to the Jan. 4th fight at Cadillac Jack’s in south Ft. Myers.
Witnesses say nearly 50 people were involved in the parking lot altercation that eventually led to a fatal deputy-involved shooting.
Authorities say 21 year-old Joseph Powell fled the scene and fired at deputies while running from a traffic stop.
Powell died at the scene. The deputies involved remain on modified duty during the investigation.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges