|Published:||Jan 16, 2013 5:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 16, 2013 6:36 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The Lee County Sheriff's Office has released the 911 calls following a deadly shooting that left one suspect dead.
6 calls were released relating to the Jan. 4th fight at Cadillac Jack’s in south Ft. Myers.
Witnesses say nearly 50 people were involved in the parking lot altercation that eventually led to a fatal deputy-involved shooting.
Authorities say 21 year-old Joseph Powell fled the scene and fired at deputies while running from a traffic stop.
Powell died at the scene. The deputies involved remain on modified duty during the investigation.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school