TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Jury selection is under way in the defamation trial between two Tampa Bay-area radio disc jockeys.
Todd Schnitt - better known as MJ, the host of the now-defunct "MJ Morning Show" - filed suit against Bubba "The Love Sponge" Clem. Clem is accused of making defamatory remarks about Schnitt and his wife, who is a former assistant state attorney.
Jury selection in Hillsborough County court began Monday.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/VGefZL ) reports the trial is expected to last three weeks.
The first complaint was filed in March 2008. The paperwork includes thousands of pages of motions, appeals, audio recordings and transcribed interviews with employees of Cox Radio, which broadcasts Clem's show locally, and Clear Channel, which used to be the home of the "MJ Morning Show" on WFLZ-FM.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Fla. gov. vetoes nearly $400 million from budget