|Published:||Jan 15, 2013 4:43 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 15, 2013 4:53 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla - Billy Fuccillo of Fuccillo Kia in Cape Coral made a huge announcement in the WINK News studios on Tuesday. He is making a huge donation to the WINK News Feeds Families Hunger Walk. Billy Fuccillo says he will match any donation made on Friday, up to $50,000.
The donation could play a huge role in helping the hunger walk meet it's $270,000 goal. The hunger walk raises money for the Harry Chapin Food Bank. Every dollar raised for the food bank can be turned in to $6 worth of food. The food bank helps families in need in Southwest Florida, and the need continues to grow. Many families in Southwest Florida are food insecure, meaning they aren't sure where their next meal might be coming from.
If you want to make a donation on Friday, click here: http://www.harrychapinfoodbank.org/index.php/hungerwalk
Or join us on Saturday, January 19th at the Miromar Outlets for the WINK News Feeds Families Hunger Walk. The walk begins at 9:30 a.m and registration is at 8:30 a.m.
If we reach this year's goal of $270,000, the food bank will be able to distribute $1,620,000 in food to our area's hungry through the Harry Chapin Food Bank's 150 participating agencies across Southwest Florida.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire