|Published:||Jan 15, 2013 6:04 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 15, 2013 6:45 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - A Charlotte County high school principal has been suspended. School leaders are investigatin accusations he altered student grades and had trouble with staff members.
Ron Schuyler has been the principal at the Academy since 2005 and worked for the District since 1989. Until now, school leaders say they've never had any issues brought to their attention.
With the new year came some changes in leadership at the Academy Alternative High School in Port Charlotte.
While the school's website is the same, Principal Ron Schyler is on paid administrative leave while school leaders investigate accusations brought to their attention back in December, including changing student grades and inter-personal issues with staff members.
"Anytime something like this happens there's no joy for anyone in this and again as Dr. Whittaker said, he's just looking for the truth," says Mike Riley with the school district.
Principal Schulyer told WINK News over the phone that he was unaware of these allegations and said he can't wait for the opportunity to comment on them once the investigation is complete.
As far as what could happen to the administrator...
"It could be anything from 'nothing has come out of this, Mr. Schuyler thank you,' to a verbal reprimand to a written reprimand to suspension again or termination," Riley adds.
The Principal has served the county as a teacher, a coach, and an assistant principal before taking this job.
"There's no disciplinary action whatsoever in his file," Riley adds.
The Director of Secondary learning has stepped in as the interim principal until the investigation is complete.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft