|Published:||Jan 14, 2013 11:31 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2013 11:31 AM EST|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man apparently drowned in a Jacksonville hotel's hot tub.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says officers were called to the La Quinta Inn & Suites just after 7 p.m. Sunday after a man in his 20s was found face down in the hot tub.
The Florida Times Union (http://bit.ly/WFCeEe ) reports the man's friend last saw him in the hot tub, which is located in an outdoor courtyard. The friend left the area for a few minutes and discovered the man unconscious in the tub when he returned.
Jacksonville police spokesman Jay Farhat says the man had no other signs of injury and the drowning appeared accidental. Farhat says "quite a bit" of drinking had apparently been going on.
The man's identity hasn't been released.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- Baby born on side of expressway in Miami
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast