|Published:||Jan 14, 2013 11:27 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2013 11:27 AM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The courthouse in Tampa may be a little crowded as a crush of potential jurors are expected for three major trials starting at the same time.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/W2Xlln ) reports the jury services office mailed out 3,300 jury summonses, which is about 1,000 more than usual. Officials say only about a quarter of those who receive a summons show up, so they're expecting around 900 potential jurors on Monday morning.
Jury services director Lisa Mann says all three trials are expected to be lengthy. The most publicized is the defamation trial brought by Tampa radio host Todd "MJ" Schnitt against rival Bubba the Love Sponge Clem.
The other trials include a family suing R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. and a murder case from 2002.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County