|Published:||Jan 14, 2013 11:27 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2013 11:27 AM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The courthouse in Tampa may be a little crowded as a crush of potential jurors are expected for three major trials starting at the same time.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/W2Xlln ) reports the jury services office mailed out 3,300 jury summonses, which is about 1,000 more than usual. Officials say only about a quarter of those who receive a summons show up, so they're expecting around 900 potential jurors on Monday morning.
Jury services director Lisa Mann says all three trials are expected to be lengthy. The most publicized is the defamation trial brought by Tampa radio host Todd "MJ" Schnitt against rival Bubba the Love Sponge Clem.
The other trials include a family suing R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. and a murder case from 2002.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral