|Published:||Jan 14, 2013 11:29 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2013 11:29 AM EST|
INDIALANTIC, Fla. (AP) - A knife-wielding man was fatally shot by law enforcement officers who responded to a domestic disturbance call at a house in Indialantic.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/UYqej8 ) reports several nearby Brevard County Sheriff's deputies stopped to help Indialantic police Sunday evening. Shortly after they arrived, the man grabbed a knife and charged at them in the garage.
Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey says the deputies fired at the man. His name has not been released, pending notification of family members.
The sheriff's office has taken over the investigation and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement will investigate the use of deadly force. The deputies involved have been placed on administrative leave, which is standard procedure.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer