|Published:||Jan 14, 2013 11:35 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2013 11:35 AM EST|
PALATKA, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says three people in a sports utility vehicle died after it pulled in front of a tractor-trailer.
The Florida Times Union (http://bit.ly/WFCeEe ) reports 45-year-old Tony Kinlaw was attempting to pull out of a gas station onto U.S. 17 just north of Palatka Sunday afternoon when the crash occurred.
Troopers say truck driver Andrew Eugene McCoy swerved but couldn't avoid hitting the SUV. The vehicle was pushed across the median and into the southbound lanes, where it turned over and came to rest on its roof. Kinlaw and 55-year-old Bo Dennis Anthony Williams Sr. died at area hospitals. 19-year-old Sabrina Guthrie was dead at the scene.
The FHP says none of the victims were wearing seatbelts. McCoy was wearing a seatbelt and was not injured.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Fla. using federal grant money to settle lawsuit