|Published:||Jan 14, 2013 11:24 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2013 5:45 PM EST|
ALVA, Fla.- Five people were injured after a crash in Alva Monday morning. It happened at Palm Beach Blvd. at Bateman Rd. around 6:15 a.m.
A Ford Explorer, driven by 41-year-old Tammy Aguilar, was traveling east on Palm Beach Blvd. when for unknown reasons, she lost control and entered the south shoulder. After entering the south shoulder, the SUV began to rotate in a counter clockwise direction, and then re-entered Palm Beach Blvd. at Bateman Rd. and struck the curb of the median. Consequently, the vehicle overturned and three people were ejected.
Aguilar and one of the passengers, 38-year-old Christy Lynn Hellard, remain in serious condition. An 18-year-old passenger, Ryan Hellard, is listed in critical condition at Lee Memorial Hospital.
Other passengers, 37-year-old Kevin Hellard Sr. and 20-year-old Kevin Hellard Jr. sustained minor injuries.
Photo by Dennis Culver / The News-Press
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach