ALVA, Fla.- Five people were injured after a crash in Alva Monday morning. It happened at Palm Beach Blvd. at Bateman Rd. around 6:15 a.m.
A Ford Explorer, driven by 41-year-old Tammy Aguilar, was traveling east on Palm Beach Blvd. when for unknown reasons, she lost control and entered the south shoulder. After entering the south shoulder, the SUV began to rotate in a counter clockwise direction, and then re-entered Palm Beach Blvd. at Bateman Rd. and struck the curb of the median. Consequently, the vehicle overturned and three people were ejected.
Aguilar and one of the passengers, 38-year-old Christy Lynn Hellard, remain in serious condition. An 18-year-old passenger, Ryan Hellard, is listed in critical condition at Lee Memorial Hospital.
Other passengers, 37-year-old Kevin Hellard Sr. and 20-year-old Kevin Hellard Jr. sustained minor injuries.
Photo by Dennis Culver / The News-Press
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Panther spotted at Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
- Venturi, US Open champion and CBS analyst, dies
- Recent LCSO arrest totals 3 deputies handcuffed since April
- ABATE Bears for Bears drive under way
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America