|Published:||Jan 14, 2013 11:20 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2013 5:43 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Cape Coral Police Department says a crash on Nott Road that left three children seriously injured Sunday evening was alcohol/drug related.
The driver, 35-year-old Mary E. Jones, suffered only minor injuries in the crash, but three of the children in the minivan she was driving were trauma alerted to Lee Memorial Hospital with life threatening injuries.
Police say Jones was driving a Hyundai minivan with 6 children in it, when for unknown reasons, she drove off the left shoulder of the roadway and into a ditch. The minivan sideswiped a tree, causing crushing damage to the driver’s side. It continued south another 40 feet and struck a tree head on.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire