|Published:||Jan 14, 2013 3:45 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2013 3:45 PM EST|
LAND O'LAKES, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say five students sustained minor injuries when a Tampa Bay area school bus rear-ended a stopped pickup truck.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that the Pasco County school bus was traveling on State Road 54 Monday morning. The driver, 53-year-old Deborah D. O'Connor, told troopers she had been checking her mirror and didn't realize that traffic had stopped in front of her. The bus hit the truck, but no injuries were reported to either driver.
The bus was carrying 44 students to Charles S. Rushe Middle school.
O'Connor was cited for careless driving.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico