|Published:||Jan 14, 2013 3:45 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2013 3:45 PM EST|
LAND O'LAKES, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say five students sustained minor injuries when a Tampa Bay area school bus rear-ended a stopped pickup truck.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that the Pasco County school bus was traveling on State Road 54 Monday morning. The driver, 53-year-old Deborah D. O'Connor, told troopers she had been checking her mirror and didn't realize that traffic had stopped in front of her. The bus hit the truck, but no injuries were reported to either driver.
The bus was carrying 44 students to Charles S. Rushe Middle school.
O'Connor was cited for careless driving.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- FMPD gets high-tech vehicle to catch impaired drivers