|Published:||Jan 14, 2013 11:38 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2013 11:38 AM EST|
ARCHER, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say one person is dead and two others injured following a pair of shootings in rural Alachua County.
The Gainesville Sun (http://bit.ly/UYpn1WA ) reports a man was found dead in the woods about 10 p.m. Sunday night, about two hours after deputies had been called to the scene of another shooting.
Alachua County Sheriff's spokesman Todd Kelly says the man is a suspect in the earlier shooting.
Deputies found two people had been shot in the rural neighborhood following the initial 911 call. A man had been shot in the abdomen and a woman was shot in the left arm and the bullet then went into her abdomen. There were six people at the house.
The identities of the shooting victims have not been released.
Information from: The Gainesville (Fla.) Sun, http://www.gainesvillesun.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified