|Published:||Jan 13, 2013 10:24 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2013 4:38 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Police have identified a woman found dead in a Cape Coral home yesterday as 45-year-old Anna Rivera. She was found inside the residence at 309 NE 18th Avenue.
Her husband, 50-year-old Porfirio Rivera, was found with non life-threatening injuries and taken to Lee Memorial Hospital. Mr. Rivera remains in Lee Memorial Hospital at this time where he will be interviewed by Detectives upon completion of his treatment.
Specifics about Ms. Rivera's death and Mr. Rivera’s injuries are not being made public at this time.
Officers responded at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday afternoon after receiving a call from a concerned person asking them to check on the welfare of the man and woman at the home.
Cape Coral Police say the neighborhood is safe and no suspects are "at large."
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel