|Published:||Jan 12, 2013 12:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 11, 2013 6:00 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- On Monday, January 7th, WINK News aired a story that included incorrect information and we want to correct that.
The story was about a proposal for child safety zones in the City of Fort Myers. In that story, we said this man, Donald Morrison, who according to FDLE is a registered sex offender, was arrested after being reported inside the North Fort Myers library, but we incorrectly reported the reason for his arrest. Mr. Morrison says in the incident report that he was in the library looking at pictures of a friend's children on Facebook. The incident report also states that children were present in the library.
According to the Lee County Sherriff's Office, Mr. Morrison signed a sex offenders predator notification. Based on his status as a registered sex offender in Lee County, Mr. Morrison is prohibited by county ordinance from visiting a library and being in close proximity of children. In September, Mr. Morrison was arrested for allegedly violating the requirements of his sex offender status by being in that library. According to court records, Mr. Morrison's case has been continued until his next scheduled court appearance on January 25th.
We will let you know what happens. We apologize for the error.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart