|Published:||Jan 11, 2013 11:26 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 11, 2013 11:26 PM EST|
LABELLE, Fla.-A LaBelle Middle School teacher is accused of grabbing a student.
Lois Parker was arrested Friday after a student claimed Parker twisted their arm. The alleged incident happened on Tuesday during sixth period.
Hendry County deputies say the student told them they didn't have a book to read, so Parker got mad, grabbed the student's arm, and pulled them up to the front of the class to make them read. Parker is also accused of grabbing the student a second time, and putting them in a back room until the school day ended.
A report shows three witnesses confirmed the student's claims.
The alleged incident left the student with bruising on their arm, so investigators say the student's mother wanted to press charges.
Parker is out on bond.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January