|Published:||Jan 11, 2013 11:26 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 11, 2013 11:26 PM EST|
LABELLE, Fla.-A LaBelle Middle School teacher is accused of grabbing a student.
Lois Parker was arrested Friday after a student claimed Parker twisted their arm. The alleged incident happened on Tuesday during sixth period.
Hendry County deputies say the student told them they didn't have a book to read, so Parker got mad, grabbed the student's arm, and pulled them up to the front of the class to make them read. Parker is also accused of grabbing the student a second time, and putting them in a back room until the school day ended.
A report shows three witnesses confirmed the student's claims.
The alleged incident left the student with bruising on their arm, so investigators say the student's mother wanted to press charges.
Parker is out on bond.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Communications satellite launched into space