|Published:||Jan 11, 2013 1:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 11, 2013 1:35 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The communications director from the State Attorney's office in Lee County flew to Hollywood to discuss the brutal murder of Alex and Jeffrey Sosa. The teens were killed after attending a party in Cape Coral back in 2006. Ashley Toye, 17 at the time, along with a host of others totrured the boys by cutting, burning and beating them according to court records. Alex and Jeffrey were later shot and their bodies were burned. Toye says she did not take part in the acutal murder and she is looking to have her sentence reduced. Dr. Phil spoke with both sides about the incident. Samantha Syoen spoke on behalf of the State Attorney's office and Stuart Pepper spoke on behalf of Ashley Toye.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean