|Published:||Jan 11, 2013 2:55 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 11, 2013 2:55 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - There will be fewer flights to Cuba departing from Tampa International Airport.
ABC Charters is ending its flights from Tampa to Holguin, a city in eastern Cuba, starting Feb. 28.
In addition, XAEL Charters Inc. will discontinue its Tampa to Havana flight and relocate to Fort Lauderdale.
Weekly flights to Cuba's capital will still be available each Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. The prices for those flights may increase as a result of the other flight closures.
Flights between Tampa and Cuba began for the first time in nearly 50 years in 2011.
Tampa International spokeswoman Janet Zink said it is natural to see some adjustments as the market evolves and more cities begin offering Cuba flights.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Fort Myers Police investigating shooting.
- Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache
- Bicyclist remains in critical condition after morning crash
- Builders Care gives Fort Myers man new home for Christmas
- Charities give to needy kids, regardless of family history
- New phone scam targets caller ID
- The road ahead for Radel's treatment