|Published:||Jan 11, 2013 3:31 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 11, 2013 3:31 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Friday at 10:19 a.m., the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a robbery at the Metro PCS store, located at 3940 Metro Parkway.
Upon arrival police learned that a blue, Chrysler minivan occupied by at least two people pulled up in front of the business. A black male suspect exited from the front passenger seat. The male was dressed in black and armed with a handgun.
The suspect demanded money to which the employees complied.
The suspect ran from the store and got back into the van and fled the scene. Officers located the van abandoned at the Village Creek Apartments, located at 2925 Winkler Avenue. It had been reported stolen last month.
“Let’s make this the first robbery arrest of the year. You may be eligible for a reward of up to $5,000 for a tip that helps us arrest these suspects,” said Chief Doug Baker.
Anyone with information about who stole the van and drove it around for the last couple of weeks or information about the robbery is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble