|Published:||Jan 11, 2013 11:15 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 11, 2013 11:15 AM EST|
HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Detectives are investigating the deaths of a Canadian couple after a concerned neighbor found them inside their Hallandale Beach townhouse.
Hallandale Beach police spokeswoman Sonia Quinones told The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/13n0m4D ) the neighbor went to check on the couple late Thursday afternoon. The man and woman, believed to be in their 70s, had failed to show up for lunch with the neighbor on Wednesday and had not answered repeated phone calls.
Police say the neighbor had a key to the unit and discovered their bodies after going to check on them.
Detectives were still at the home late Thursday. Police haven't released the name of the couple, pending notification of relatives. They released no further details.
The Herald reports the couple was known to spend winters in Hallandale Beach.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- 2nd bear suspected in woman's mauling euthanized
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Winter weather causes delays, cancellations at RSW