|Published:||Jan 11, 2013 1:34 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 11, 2013 1:34 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Agriculture Detective Justin Treworgy, was called to Punta Gorda Airport by security concerning a 7-foot alligator very close to and approaching the main runway on Dec. 31. A commercial jet was due to arrive and could have caused a serious problem.
Det. Treworgy responded immediately and located the gator about 30-feet away and heading to the main runway. He was able to drive the wandering gator back from the flight line.
An FWC officer and airport security officer arrived and assisted Det. Treworgy in getting the gators attention. This enabled Treworgy to sneak up on the gator and get his hands around its mouth.
Once the gator’s mouth was taped shut it was then turned over to the FWC officers to relocate in another area, far away from the airport.
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- Some adult arcades still open after ban
- New home industry really coming back?
- Comedy night to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Zimmerman jurors reveal personal d