|Published:||Jan 10, 2013 10:15 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 10, 2013 1:04 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- U.S. 41 has reopened between College Parkway and Brantley Road after a propane leak at the site of the old Clarion hotel that began at 9:00 a.m. this morning. Austin street remains closed while the gas company tries to revalve the tank and burn the rest of the propane off.
This is the second time in one week the same backhoe driver sheared off the valve of a propane tank. Today, a 1,000 pound tank was hit, which now has 400 pounds of propane left in it. Last week, the incident involved a 500 pound tank.
There were no evacuations in the process.
The old Clarion hotel was built in the 1960s. Players with The Royals used to stay at this location for spring training. The tanks on the scene are so old, some of them aren't on the plans.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend