|Published:||Jan 10, 2013 10:15 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 10, 2013 1:04 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- U.S. 41 has reopened between College Parkway and Brantley Road after a propane leak at the site of the old Clarion hotel that began at 9:00 a.m. this morning. Austin street remains closed while the gas company tries to revalve the tank and burn the rest of the propane off.
This is the second time in one week the same backhoe driver sheared off the valve of a propane tank. Today, a 1,000 pound tank was hit, which now has 400 pounds of propane left in it. Last week, the incident involved a 500 pound tank.
There were no evacuations in the process.
The old Clarion hotel was built in the 1960s. Players with The Royals used to stay at this location for spring training. The tanks on the scene are so old, some of them aren't on the plans.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans