FORT MYERS, Fla.- A Fort Myers girl is the inspiration of her mother's newly released book. Arielle Rausin was paralyzed in a car accident when she was 10-years-old. Though its based on Arielle, the book takes us inside a fantasy world.
In this book, the main character, Amelia is in a wheelchair.
"The character starts out in this book and she's newly in a wheelchair, and she's scared and doesn't have the best outlook on life. She's just really hurting basically because her life has just been totally changed, which is similar to what I went through," said Arielle.
The story is based on author Krista Rausin's daughter, Arielle.
In 2003, Arielle was in a car accident that left her paralyzed from the waist down.
"This character is really important to me because I remember being 10-years-old, and I had lots of great role models, but no one in a wheel chair, no one to really compare myself to, or to look at what I would be like in the future."
After Amelia is in an accident, she is transported to a fantasy world.
"While she goes on this journey, she discovers who she really is," said Krista.
The pages of the story book lead Arielle to the most emotional chapter.
"Chapter nine is so emotional for me because the character regains the ability to walk and when I was younger that was my dream," Arielle explained.
From start to finish, the book took Krista six years to create.
"It was almost like I couldn't believe it, here it was, it really happened."
This book is available on amazon.com.
In February, you will be able to download it all e-readers.
And just like in the book., Arielle is hoping she will walk one day.
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th