|Published:||Jan 10, 2013 3:29 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 10, 2013 3:29 PM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - A former prison inmate says the star prosecution witness against a woman accused of killing Florida foster child Rilya Wilson made up a story that the woman had confessed to the slaying.
Cindy McCloud testified Thursday that key witness Robin Lunceford told her she lied about the confession so she could get out of prison. Lunceford testified earlier that 66-year-old Geralyn Graham admitted smothering Rilya with a pillow and disposing of the girl's body near water. Rilya's remains have never been found.
McCloud says Lunceford told her she was lying while both were in prison together. Lunceford's life prison sentence was reduced to 10 years in return for her testimony.
Graham faces life behind bars if convicted of killing Rilya, whose disappearance led to a state child welfare shakeup.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend