|Published:||Jan 10, 2013 11:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 10, 2013 11:15 AM EST|
MIRAMAR, Fla. (AP) - Police say a hit-and-run driver struck and killed a 6-year-old boy who was crossing a road with his uncle after leaving a McDonald's restaurant.
Authorities say the uncle was holding a baby in his arms Wednesday night as he crossed Miramar Parkway with the boy. A car hit the child and the boy was thrown onto the vehicle's hood.
According to police, the driver swerved a couple of times and the child fell off the car and run over. The boy was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The uncle and the baby were not injured.
Police are searching for a newer model white sedan with damage to the front end.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers