|Published:||Jan 10, 2013 11:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 10, 2013 11:15 AM EST|
MIRAMAR, Fla. (AP) - Police say a hit-and-run driver struck and killed a 6-year-old boy who was crossing a road with his uncle after leaving a McDonald's restaurant.
Authorities say the uncle was holding a baby in his arms Wednesday night as he crossed Miramar Parkway with the boy. A car hit the child and the boy was thrown onto the vehicle's hood.
According to police, the driver swerved a couple of times and the child fell off the car and run over. The boy was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The uncle and the baby were not injured.
Police are searching for a newer model white sedan with damage to the front end.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday