FORT MYERS, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies are searching for the suspect responsible for a home invasion that left a victim with multiple stab wounds.
Officers arrived at the residence on the 5600 block of 10th Ave. at 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday. According to the incident report, upon arrival, they found a "large bloody crime scene."
The victim told deputies the suspect entered through the rear sliding glass door and stabbed him with a knife several times while he was asleep on the couch. The victim sustained stab wounds to his head, chest, arms and legs. He told officers the suspect took cash from the residence, shattering the sliding glass door as he ran through it on the way out.
The victim ran to a neighbor's house to call 911. He was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Deputies say they also found marijuana, cocaine and pills at the scene of the crime.
The investigation continues.
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Standing room only at 2013 Hurricane Expo
- Start your engines!
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th