|Published:||Jan 09, 2013 10:49 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 09, 2013 10:49 AM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - The father of Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi has died.
Bondi's office confirmed that Joseph Bondi died on Tuesday.
Bondi, 76, was mayor of Temple Terrace between 1974 and 1978 and he also served as a city councilman. He was a longtime educator and a professor at the University of South Florida. Joseph Bondi served as a curriculum consultant for many school districts including Miami-Dade.
Pam Bondi posted a message on her Facebook page stating that her father died after a battle with leukemia. She says he was surrounded by family members at the time of his death.
Pam Bondi was first elected to office in 2010. She was formerly a prosecutor in Hillsborough County before seeking the post of Attorney General.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army