|Published:||Jan 09, 2013 10:49 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 09, 2013 10:49 AM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - The father of Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi has died.
Bondi's office confirmed that Joseph Bondi died on Tuesday.
Bondi, 76, was mayor of Temple Terrace between 1974 and 1978 and he also served as a city councilman. He was a longtime educator and a professor at the University of South Florida. Joseph Bondi served as a curriculum consultant for many school districts including Miami-Dade.
Pam Bondi posted a message on her Facebook page stating that her father died after a battle with leukemia. She says he was surrounded by family members at the time of his death.
Pam Bondi was first elected to office in 2010. She was formerly a prosecutor in Hillsborough County before seeking the post of Attorney General.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers