|Published:||Jan 09, 2013 11:06 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 10, 2013 10:35 AM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- Witnesses jump into action to save the life of a motorcyclist trapped under a car in Lehigh Acres.
The collision happened just after 9:00 P.M. Wednesday night at Alabama Road South and Navajo Avenue, just south of Homestead Road. Neighbors call it a heroic effort as they jumped into action to save the man's life.
Lee County deputies say a car was going south on Alabama road when it tried to turn in to the Vista Palms apartment complex. Deputies say the motorcycle crashed into a car. He flew into the street where a second vehicle ran him over. One neighbor heard the loud bang outside and gathered up a group of 8 people to try and save the motorcyclist's life.
Donald Jeffey says, "I ran out there and got underneath the car because I couldn't see the guy on the motorcycle. He was crumpled under the car so I started to holler at everybody help me get the car up off of him, because I hollered at the guy and he responded."
Julian Loredo tells WINK News, "We got the car off its wheels on two wheels and another guy came and pulled him out from under the car the guy was in bad shape."
Authorities say the man was taken to the trauma center at Lee Memorial Hospital in critical condition. The Good Samaritans say they hope what they did saved the man's life.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting