TAMARAC, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say two women are dead, one of whom was shot by a Broward County deputy.
The sheriff's office reports that the deputy was driving through a Tamarac neighborhood Wednesday morning when a resident flagged him down and told him about a woman waving a gun around. The deputy ordered the woman to drop the weapon several times before firing his gun at least once and hitting her.
Afterwards, authorities found another dead woman in front of a nearby home. Details about her death weren't immediately released.
Officials didn't identify the deputy or either dead woman.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Locked mystery safe found in Charlotte Harbor area
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- CCSO arrests 3, seizes 122 marijuana plants in bust
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- Turks & Caicos officials drop charges against 2 US tourists
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- State regulators suspend Lee County doctor's license
- Panther spotted at Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve