|Published:||Jan 08, 2013 10:06 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 08, 2013 10:06 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Police are searching for a suspect after a pregnant woman was shot to death in Miami.
Witnesses said they heard gunshots Monday night and watched the woman collapse in the street. They applied pressure to stop her bleeding wounds before paramedics arrived but she died at the hospital. Authorities did not release her name but said she was in her late 30s.
Neighbors said the gunman was likely targeting someone else and the woman was caught in the crossfire.
WSVN TV (http://tinyurl.com/azbpjs4 ) reports more than a dozen shell casings were found littered in the street where she died.
Information from: WSVN-TV, http://www1.wsvn.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday