|Published:||Jan 08, 2013 10:06 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 08, 2013 10:06 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Police are searching for a suspect after a pregnant woman was shot to death in Miami.
Witnesses said they heard gunshots Monday night and watched the woman collapse in the street. They applied pressure to stop her bleeding wounds before paramedics arrived but she died at the hospital. Authorities did not release her name but said she was in her late 30s.
Neighbors said the gunman was likely targeting someone else and the woman was caught in the crossfire.
WSVN TV (http://tinyurl.com/azbpjs4 ) reports more than a dozen shell casings were found littered in the street where she died.
Information from: WSVN-TV, http://www1.wsvn.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- South Fla. Water Management District chief resigns
- Melbourne Beach mayor steps down amid tension