|Published:||Jan 08, 2013 10:09 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 08, 2013 10:09 AM EST|
LAKE WORTH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have fatally shot a South Florida woman they say was holding her boyfriend by knife point.
Palm Beach County deputies responded to the couple's home early Tuesday morning where they said the man was trying to get a 3-year-old child away from his mother. When deputies arrived, authorities said the woman let go of the child and grabbed her boyfriend by the shirt, holding a knife in the other hand.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Teri Barbera said deputies repeatedly ordered the woman to put the knife down but she refused. When she turned to stab the man, deputies fired.
The unidentified 24-year-old woman died from her injuries.
The couple's child was not injured.
The Palm Beach Post (http://tinyurl.com/b2gv3yj) reports the couple has had previous domestic problems.
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Lee struggles with budget and SRO issues
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island