|Published:||Jan 08, 2013 11:20 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 08, 2013 11:21 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County school board members have agreed to terminate the contract for two charter schools.
The Richard Milburn Academies in Fort Myers and Bonita Springs closed last year. The Fort Myers site closed when an investigation showed students received academic credits they didn't earn. The Bonita Springs location shut down because low enrollment couldn't cover the school's operating costs.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students