|Published:||Jan 08, 2013 9:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 09, 2013 12:09 PM EST|
Employees of Ballyorneys Irish Bub in Fort Myers are left hanging after the restaurant closed without warning. Tonight, they claim they still haven't been paid for their last weeks of work.
Timothy Hildretch started looking for a job after Thanksgiving when a help wanted ad on Craigslist from Ballyorney's Irish Pub immediately caught his eye.
"It was fun, I enjoyed it. I thought it was a good place to work," he said.
But just after taking the job,
"I showed up and the doors were shut," he said.
The doors were shut because the business closed down. Hildretch says employees were never given any warning ande also admits at the endcthe restaurant was painfully slow.
"A lot of standing around, dining room was empty," he said.
Hildretch says Ballyorney's partially paid him about $400.00 for the last pay period, but still owes him money.
"Fe owes me another $260," he said.
Money that an unemployed Hildretch says he desperately needs. He said he has tried calling the restaurant numerous times leaving messages, but no one calls him back.
"I need it for food, cell phone payment, bus fair to look for work, basically without that I cant do anything," he said.
Another employee we found is also still waiting to get paid. He didn't want to speak with us on camera, but says he was given a check that bounced.
Ballyorney's manager said any employee can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will get paid.
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Lee struggles with budget and SRO issues
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island