|Published:||Jan 08, 2013 12:31 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 08, 2013 4:50 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Kenneth Roop, the Cape Coral man charged with killing a door-to-door meat salesman, was in court today for a pre-trial hearing.
In July, Roop allegedly shot Nicholas Rainey as he was working his sales route.
Roop's attorney says mental health professionals will evaluate his client for competency and sanity.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis