|Published:||Jan 08, 2013 11:01 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 08, 2013 11:01 AM EST|
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a fourth person has died, days after a sports utility vehicle landed in a South Florida lake following a crash on Interstate 95.
Troopers say 20-year-old Sandalie Jean-Baptiste died Sunday night.
Three others pulled from the vehicle after Wednesday's crash also died.
It was not immediately clear what caused the crash, which involved three vehicles. The SUV plowed through a fence and plunged into the lake.
The Miami Herald (http://tinyurl.com/a36jnmx ) reports the family was on their way home from the mall where they had been shopping for school supplies.
Students from Blanche Ely High School held a candlelight vigil Sunday in honor to honor two of the victims who attended the school.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida