|Published:||Jan 08, 2013 11:01 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 08, 2013 11:01 AM EST|
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a fourth person has died, days after a sports utility vehicle landed in a South Florida lake following a crash on Interstate 95.
Troopers say 20-year-old Sandalie Jean-Baptiste died Sunday night.
Three others pulled from the vehicle after Wednesday's crash also died.
It was not immediately clear what caused the crash, which involved three vehicles. The SUV plowed through a fence and plunged into the lake.
The Miami Herald (http://tinyurl.com/a36jnmx ) reports the family was on their way home from the mall where they had been shopping for school supplies.
Students from Blanche Ely High School held a candlelight vigil Sunday in honor to honor two of the victims who attended the school.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge