|Published:||Jan 07, 2013 12:45 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 07, 2013 5:12 PM EST|
Fort Myers, FLA - Fort Myers Police are investigating a homicide near the Apostolic Revival Center Christian School in the Dunbar neighborhood. The crime scene is at 2100 Barden Street. This is the the first homicide of 2013. A deceased male was found with multiple gunshot wounds in a vehicle. According to police, the victim had just dropped off a child at the school and had returned to his car. Fort Myers Police Chief Doug Baker says, "this individual was targeted and this was a specific act of violence against him."
No other information has been released on the victim. All children in the nearby school have been reported to be safe. Stay tuned to WINK News for this developing story.
Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.