|Published:||Jan 06, 2013 5:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 06, 2013 5:07 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A deputy is on administrative duty after he shot an armed suicidal woman in Orlando.
Orange County Sheriff's officials evacuated several businesses on Saturday after an armed woman barricaded herself inside a pub.
The deputy said he introduced himself to the woman and that she pointed a gun at him. The deputy fired at the woman, hitting her in the shoulder. She fled into a pub and refused to come out.
Deputies spoke to her for nearly an hour. She eventually relented and was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Authorities said the woman may have been upset because her dog was at the vet and had to be put to sleep.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday