|Published:||Jan 06, 2013 5:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 06, 2013 5:07 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A deputy is on administrative duty after he shot an armed suicidal woman in Orlando.
Orange County Sheriff's officials evacuated several businesses on Saturday after an armed woman barricaded herself inside a pub.
The deputy said he introduced himself to the woman and that she pointed a gun at him. The deputy fired at the woman, hitting her in the shoulder. She fled into a pub and refused to come out.
Deputies spoke to her for nearly an hour. She eventually relented and was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Authorities said the woman may have been upset because her dog was at the vet and had to be put to sleep.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft