|Published:||Jan 05, 2013 6:59 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 05, 2013 6:59 PM EST|
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida woman and her 9-year-old son have been shot outside a central Florida day care.
Police responded to shots fired outside the Tiny Tots Child Care Center in Kissimmee around 7 a.m. Saturday morning and found the 32-year-old victim and her son. Both had been shot in the leg.
Kissimmee Police spokeswoman Stacie Miller said the victims were sitting in their car waiting for the day care to open when a dark colored vehicle drove by and fired three shots. A few other families were also waiting in their cars but were not injured.
Miller said it's unclear if the victims were targeted or if the shooting was random. They were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
No suspects are in custody.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Three bears spotted in North Naples community
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron