|Published:||Jan 05, 2013 6:59 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 05, 2013 6:59 PM EST|
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida woman and her 9-year-old son have been shot outside a central Florida day care.
Police responded to shots fired outside the Tiny Tots Child Care Center in Kissimmee around 7 a.m. Saturday morning and found the 32-year-old victim and her son. Both had been shot in the leg.
Kissimmee Police spokeswoman Stacie Miller said the victims were sitting in their car waiting for the day care to open when a dark colored vehicle drove by and fired three shots. A few other families were also waiting in their cars but were not injured.
Miller said it's unclear if the victims were targeted or if the shooting was random. They were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
No suspects are in custody.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral