|Published:||Jan 05, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 05, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Cape Coral teenager appeared in court this morning as an adult, facing second degree murder charges for killing his father.
17-year-old Baron Verzi made his first appearance as an adult before a Lee County judge Saturday morning.
He is being held without bond.
Verzi is due back in court on January 14.
Police say he confessed to killing his father Thomas back on December 17th.
Police also say Baron Verzi had blood on his clothing, and stab wounds to his arm and leg.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft