|Published:||Jan 05, 2013 10:47 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 05, 2013 6:45 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- A baby is in critical condition after she was ejected from a car following an accident in Lehigh Acres, and now the driver is facing charges.
Florida Highway Patrol troopers say around 11 p.m. Friday, 21-year-old Tyeshia Miller was stopped in the center median of Lee Boulevard and Joan Avenue.
They say part of the car was sticking out into Lee Boulevard, and a man driving a Dodge Dakota on Lee Boulevard tried to steer away, but hit her car.
The infant, who was not in a child's seat, was ejected from the car.
She was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital in critical condition.
FHP tells WINK News the baby was then flown to Tampa General Hospital.
Miller faces charges of careless driving and not using a child restraint device.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve