|Published:||Jan 05, 2013 10:47 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 05, 2013 6:45 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- A baby is in critical condition after she was ejected from a car following an accident in Lehigh Acres, and now the driver is facing charges.
Florida Highway Patrol troopers say around 11 p.m. Friday, 21-year-old Tyeshia Miller was stopped in the center median of Lee Boulevard and Joan Avenue.
They say part of the car was sticking out into Lee Boulevard, and a man driving a Dodge Dakota on Lee Boulevard tried to steer away, but hit her car.
The infant, who was not in a child's seat, was ejected from the car.
She was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital in critical condition.
FHP tells WINK News the baby was then flown to Tampa General Hospital.
Miller faces charges of careless driving and not using a child restraint device.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD searches for suspect in fatal shooting on Dunbar St.
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Sen. Rubio getting poor marks
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage