|Published:||Jan 04, 2013 4:30 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 04, 2013 4:47 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Sheriff Scott tells WINK News the victim in the deputy-involved shooting behind a local ice cream store, pointed an AK-47 at deputies and had 500 rounds of ammunition in his car.
Thomas Kollman was shot and killed by a deputy during a traffic stop outside the Love Boat Ice Cream Shop on San Carlos Boulevard on December 15th.
The deputy was not hurt.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral