|Published:||Jan 04, 2013 12:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 04, 2013 12:08 PM EST|
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Hernando County school district's chief financial officer has resigned after a newspaper discovered that she had posted sexually-explicit material to her blog while at work.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/133FJuP) reports that Desiree Henegar resigned Thursday.
For months, the 47-year-old Henegar had been posting sexually-explicit material to a Tumblr account under the pseudonym Floridagirl46. Some posts were sent from board meetings, workshops and during work hours. In addition to pornography, other blog posts heaped scorn on the district superintendent and other colleagues.
Henegar on Wednesday admitted the site was hers when asked by the Tampa Bay Times. She said she would delete it, and the account was promptly removed.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school
- It's almost time to 'spring forward'