|Published:||Jan 04, 2013 10:44 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 04, 2013 10:44 AM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives are asking the public to help identify subject who stole a pickup Thursday while a customer was working out in a Port Charlotte gym.
CCSO received a call at 1:16 p.m. from the owner of the Ford F-150 four wheel drive pickup who was at Achieve Fitness on Kings Highway. He said he left his keys in his gym locker and after his workout discovered his pickup missing. He also reported he left his wallet inside his pickup and discovered his credit cards had been used at Walgreen’s, Walmart, Best Buy and possibly other locations.
Detectives viewed surveillance video that shows the subject exiting the fitness center. He is awhite male between 18-23 years old, 5’-5” tall, dark hair, skinny, and is possibly Ukrainian. Detectives learned that the subject was in the gym acting strangely, going in and out of the bathrooms several times. Detectives said the same man had been seen earlier acting in the same manner at the other Achieve Fitness located in Murdock.
The stolen Ford pickup was located later and recovered nearby. Detectives said surveillance video shows the subject leaving the shopping center in a silver or light gray Ford Crown Vic or a Mercury Grand Marquis type vehicle.
If anyone has information about the identity of this subject, please call CCSO Detective Chris Kearney at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling