|Published:||Jan 04, 2013 7:05 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 04, 2013 11:50 AM EST|
LAND O'LAKES, Fla. (AP) - The Council on American-Islamic Relations is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who shot a man in the face because he believed the victim was from the Middle East.
The shooting happened Wednesday in the parking lot of a Walmart in Pasco County. CAIR offered the reward Thursday.
The 24-year-old victim was confronted by a white man who asked if the victim was from the Middle East and if he was Muslim. The victim answered no to both questions and authorities said the suspect then pulled a BB gun from his pocket and fired at least 20 shots at the couple.
The male victim, whose identity was not released by authorities, was treated at the scene. The girlfriend, 25, wasn't injured.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest