|Published:||Jan 04, 2013 7:05 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 04, 2013 11:50 AM EST|
LAND O'LAKES, Fla. (AP) - The Council on American-Islamic Relations is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who shot a man in the face because he believed the victim was from the Middle East.
The shooting happened Wednesday in the parking lot of a Walmart in Pasco County. CAIR offered the reward Thursday.
The 24-year-old victim was confronted by a white man who asked if the victim was from the Middle East and if he was Muslim. The victim answered no to both questions and authorities said the suspect then pulled a BB gun from his pocket and fired at least 20 shots at the couple.
The male victim, whose identity was not released by authorities, was treated at the scene. The girlfriend, 25, wasn't injured.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013