|Published:||Jan 04, 2013 7:05 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 04, 2013 11:50 AM EST|
LAND O'LAKES, Fla. (AP) - The Council on American-Islamic Relations is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who shot a man in the face because he believed the victim was from the Middle East.
The shooting happened Wednesday in the parking lot of a Walmart in Pasco County. CAIR offered the reward Thursday.
The 24-year-old victim was confronted by a white man who asked if the victim was from the Middle East and if he was Muslim. The victim answered no to both questions and authorities said the suspect then pulled a BB gun from his pocket and fired at least 20 shots at the couple.
The male victim, whose identity was not released by authorities, was treated at the scene. The girlfriend, 25, wasn't injured.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba