|Published:||Jan 03, 2013 10:43 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 03, 2013 10:43 AM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Police are investigating the disappearance of a pregnant teen who was last seen July 25.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/TyKedc) reports that Morgan Martin's 18th birthday was on Dec. 1. Her due date is Friday.
Martin's family says she was last seen leaving her family's home in July. She was on her cellphone and told her family she was meeting someone outside. She never came back.
Police say the case is "active," but caution that the likelihood the teen encountered foul play is high. A $1,000 reward for information remains unclaimed.
St. Petersburg police detectives have interviewed friends, family and the father of the teen's unborn baby. No suspects have been named.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys