|Published:||Jan 03, 2013 10:43 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 03, 2013 10:43 AM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Police are investigating the disappearance of a pregnant teen who was last seen July 25.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/TyKedc) reports that Morgan Martin's 18th birthday was on Dec. 1. Her due date is Friday.
Martin's family says she was last seen leaving her family's home in July. She was on her cellphone and told her family she was meeting someone outside. She never came back.
Police say the case is "active," but caution that the likelihood the teen encountered foul play is high. A $1,000 reward for information remains unclaimed.
St. Petersburg police detectives have interviewed friends, family and the father of the teen's unborn baby. No suspects have been named.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause