NORTH FORT MYERS, Fl.-A Lee County deputy was involved in a crash Thursday night. It happened at U.S. 41 and Evergreen Road around 8 p.m.
Authorities say the deputy was responding to a call of shots fired in the Suncoast area when he lost control and ran off the road. The unmarked cruiser crashed into some bushes.
WINK News is told the deputy was taken to Lee Memorial as a precaution.
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Standing room only at 2013 Hurricane Expo
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th