|Published:||Jan 03, 2013 12:37 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 03, 2013 4:54 PM EST|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- FHP is investigating a two-vehicle accident that happened at the intersection of N. Cleveland Ave. and Pine Island Rd., just before noon today.
Authorities say 66-year-old Linda Jean Toole was transported to Lee Memorial Hospitol in critical condition.
According to the crash report, Toole turned her Toyota Prius in front of 21-year-old Jason Lee Walters, violating his right of way.
Walters sustained only minor injuries.
The front of Walters' Ford F-350 collided into the right side of Toole's Prius.
The roadway and intersection was partially blocked for about one hour afterward.
All charges are pending further investigation.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army