|Published:||Jan 02, 2013 7:43 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 02, 2013 10:14 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Tracey Marazzi, the woman attacked and stabbed in her Paseo neighborhood home the day after Christmas, was in a Lee County courtroom begging a judge not to let her attacker back out on the streets.
John Maatsch was arrested in connection with the attack. At his first appearance on New Year's Day, Marazzi described to the judge how she feared for her life and has been in hiding since the attack. Marazzi says her lung collapsed as a result of the attack. She says she has multiple stab wounds and a result of the attack.
The judge decided to hold Maatsch without bond while a "Danger Hearing" is scheduled. That hearing, which has to occur in the next five days, is held to determine whether a suspect is a danger to the community.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI