|Published:||Jan 02, 2013 7:43 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 02, 2013 10:14 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Tracey Marazzi, the woman attacked and stabbed in her Paseo neighborhood home the day after Christmas, was in a Lee County courtroom begging a judge not to let her attacker back out on the streets.
John Maatsch was arrested in connection with the attack. At his first appearance on New Year's Day, Marazzi described to the judge how she feared for her life and has been in hiding since the attack. Marazzi says her lung collapsed as a result of the attack. She says she has multiple stab wounds and a result of the attack.
The judge decided to hold Maatsch without bond while a "Danger Hearing" is scheduled. That hearing, which has to occur in the next five days, is held to determine whether a suspect is a danger to the community.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire