|Published:||Jan 02, 2013 7:43 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 02, 2013 10:14 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Tracey Marazzi, the woman attacked and stabbed in her Paseo neighborhood home the day after Christmas, was in a Lee County courtroom begging a judge not to let her attacker back out on the streets.
John Maatsch was arrested in connection with the attack. At his first appearance on New Year's Day, Marazzi described to the judge how she feared for her life and has been in hiding since the attack. Marazzi says her lung collapsed as a result of the attack. She says she has multiple stab wounds and a result of the attack.
The judge decided to hold Maatsch without bond while a "Danger Hearing" is scheduled. That hearing, which has to occur in the next five days, is held to determine whether a suspect is a danger to the community.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students