|Published:||Jan 02, 2013 10:25 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 02, 2013 10:25 AM EST|
HOLIDAY, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 23-year-old is suspected of setting a house fire that killed his father on New Year's Eve.
According to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office, Baron Von Duke Vercruysse was arrested Tuesday. They say 52-year-old Rene Dominique Vercruysse died of "homicidal violence."
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/X029ch ) reports deputies believe a dispute between the father and son led to the death. However deputies did not release further details.
Authorities found the father's body when they responded to the fire around 10:20 p.m. on Monday.
The son was charged with first-degree murder. The Times reports his prior arrest record includes charges of larceny and possession of controlled substances.
A neighbor told the newspaper he heard a sharp scream Monday night just before authorities responded to the fire..
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Fla. using federal grant money to settle lawsuit