|Published:||Jan 02, 2013 10:26 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 02, 2013 10:26 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - A stray bullet grazed a man celebrating a man celebrating New Year's Eve at a party in Miami.
Police say he's lucky. The bullet struck him just after midnight on Tuesday.
Miami television station WFOR (http://cbsloc.al/UEM2kJ ) reports homeowner Randy Ruiz told police the victim was a friend of a friend. He was struck as the partygoers were in the yard where fireworks were being fired off.
Ruiz says just after midnight the man complained of blood on his shirt. When the man took off his shirt, Ruiz says they saw a bruise.
Authorities across the state urged people not to fire weapons into the air in celebration of the new year because the falling bullets can kill or injure innocent bystanders - including people who are far away from the shooter.
Information from: WFOR-TV, http://www.wfor.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- Local athlete needs votes for national award
- Collier County completes road widening project early
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool