|Published:||Jan 02, 2013 10:26 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 02, 2013 10:26 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - A stray bullet grazed a man celebrating a man celebrating New Year's Eve at a party in Miami.
Police say he's lucky. The bullet struck him just after midnight on Tuesday.
Miami television station WFOR (http://cbsloc.al/UEM2kJ ) reports homeowner Randy Ruiz told police the victim was a friend of a friend. He was struck as the partygoers were in the yard where fireworks were being fired off.
Ruiz says just after midnight the man complained of blood on his shirt. When the man took off his shirt, Ruiz says they saw a bruise.
Authorities across the state urged people not to fire weapons into the air in celebration of the new year because the falling bullets can kill or injure innocent bystanders - including people who are far away from the shooter.
Information from: WFOR-TV, http://www.wfor.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions