|Published:||Jan 02, 2013 12:51 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 02, 2013 5:10 PM EST|
ARCADIA, Fla.- Governor Rick Scott visited Arcadia Wednesday morning, to meet with community and business leaders. They discussed job creation and ways to streamline the process of bringing businesses to Desoto County.
The business leaders' biggest concern: how to make Desoto County more competitive amongst surrounding counties, like Sarasota.
The Governor focused on education, increasing manufacturing jobs and improving the business culture as a whole by lowing taxes. Governor Scott says he wants to continue reducing the number of mandates potential merchants have to follow to build a business. He also wants to streamline the permitting process. Since being elected, he's cut more than 2,100 regulations.
One of the Governor's biggest goals, is to reduce the business taxe even more. He says that alone would be a big selling point for companies to set up shop in Arcadia.
Governor Scott will be on WINK News tomorrow at 6:00 a.m.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP
- Naples Police search for suspect in 'stranger danger' case
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys